Sunday, August 25, 2013

DIY Wall Decor/ Photo Booth Backdrop

While I was watching 'HGTV: Design Star' I got inspired/ motivated to do a little decorating in my own home and started looking on Pinterest to see what I could do. I really like how cute photo booth backdrops are and decided why not have it as my wall decor also. I found some really great ideas but here are the ones I decided to recreate.

For the first wall I used this idea: DIY Geometric Photobooth Party Backdrop




The best part is that you can also use it for a photo booth wall. So next time you have a party you don't have to worry about that part.


For my second wall I used a mixture of paper fans and tissue paper flowers. 



To create the paper fans you can look at this tutorial here: DIY Paper Fans

To create the tissue paper flowers you can get the tutorial from here: DIY Tissue Paper Flowers

For my third wall I wanted to use some of my pictures so I came up with this.


To create this look, I used double sided tape and cut out pieces of colored paper to the exact size of the tape to make a cute and fun border for my pictures. You could also do this with Washi tape. This look is great cause you can use a variety of material from newspapers, fabric, glitter, to anything for a very inexpensive project. 

So the next time you get bored with your decor, look in your craft drawer and see what you got. You can pretty much do anything with paper and creativity.

Have fun crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment